site hit counter

[IQM]∎ [PDF] Free Family Magic Patti Larsen Books

Family Magic Patti Larsen Books



Download As PDF : Family Magic Patti Larsen Books

Download PDF Family Magic Patti Larsen Books


Family Magic Patti Larsen Books

I downloaded this book as a freebie and was a little wary of it because of the demon/witchcraft content. I am a christian and I'm not comfortable with the direction in which some authors take these subjects. Don't get me wrong, I'm no nun & certainly never claim to be! I love a good fantasy and that's exactly what this was. The story as a whole wasn't dark & demonic like I was afraid it would be.

It had good, well-built characters and the plot-line was entertaining and moved at a good pace. I have to mention that the author really won me over with her writing. She really put clear pictures of everything in my head without over doing it & being too wordy. There have been few times that I have found a book that was so well written that I found myself reading it out loud like poetry. This was one of those times. I think I enjoyed the flow and rhythm of the writing as much as the story itself!

I also very much appreciate the fact that, although this is the first in a series, I wasn't left hanging at the end. I felt perfectly content when I finished the book and even though I look forward to reading the next in the series, I don't feel that I'm being forced to in order to complete the story.

Read Family Magic Patti Larsen Books

Tags : Amazon.com: Family Magic (9781466451032): Patti Larsen: Books,Patti Larsen,Family Magic,CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform,1466451033,Children's BooksAll Ages,Children: Young Adult (Gr. 10-12),Family & home stories (Children's Teenage),Girls & Women,Juvenile Fiction Girls & Women,YOUNG ADULT FICTION,Young Adult Fiction Girls & Women

Family Magic Patti Larsen Books Reviews


Family Magic by Patti Larsen is the first book by the author that I have read and I am so glad I got to know about Patti Larsen through this tour.

This book is about a teenage witch who, although, part of a coven just wants to be a normal teenager but despite all her wishes to be normal, everything about her is abnormal. Her mother is the leader of a powerful coven, her father's a demon and then she is faced with a crisis that demands her participation with all her magic involved.
What will happen to Syd now?
Will she ever get her wish of being a normal girl?

Family Magic is all about Syd and her trials and tribulations as a teenager witch. I loved Syd and empathized with her problems. Despite being a witch, her problems are so commonplace and definitely ones that we all have experienced in our lives.

Patti's writing style is simple, expressive and while I normally don't like books written in the first person, I enjoyed this one. The scenes just flowed and created a mental picture in my mind. I was able to understand Syd's life as it was and empathize with her future hopes for herself. The story moved at a moderate pace and kept me hooked right till the end. I read this book cover to cover and look forward to reading the subsequent books in this series.

I don't want to give away anything but will close my review by saying that Family Magic is an entertaining book that will be enjoyed by everyone. 4 out of 5 to it and recommended to book lovers even those who generally don't read YA. I loved Patti's writing style and will be checking out her other books too.

This review is also available on Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff
I came across this book when I was looking to see who Patti Larsen is. I was hoping to see what types of books she wrote before going to an Authors Conference. I'm really glad I did. This book is well written and appropriate for a Young Adult book. The main character in the story is sixteen, therefore you can tell be her behavior, her actions, and her thought process she is the correct age. In a lot of books I have read over the years, authors don't make teenagers, just teenagers. She did a very good job at the battles and choices the main character had to make as a teenager.

That being said, the character battles with the idea of being born a witch. She fights it the whole book, however left me in a state confusion at her a teenager doesn't want to be a supernatural being. That being said without any spoilers, the story goes on about why she does not want her powers and what she has to battle within herself. The rest of the story is written in ice. What I mean is, it is smooth but when the ice melts another surprise comes at you. Yes, it has twists but for advance readers "Investigators" there are some points that will be predictable. The predictable points in the story did NOT ruin the book, but better prepared the reader when the "FEELS" came. I do recommend this book for Young Adults and Adults.
I know that sounds a little weird but si many books refuse to actually show a little magic even though that is the whole point of the book. While we see the magic through a stubborn whiny introspective 16yr old heroine, the stakes of the magic and the world around it is really felt. The whining gets to be a little overdone but it's written in a way that leaves you so in your head you find yourself agreeing with her even though her reasons don't make sense (which is even cleverly remarked upon in the story itself). The bond between the inner family itself is a rare thing in YA novels and is a nice change in this one. Sisters get along and comfort each other, mother and daughter have several knock down fights but manage to come together in a believable non-cheesy hallmark way. Which really emphasized the issues happening within the coven, who come off as needy and a bit like sheep but that's to serve the story and empower the mother's role.
I love how the problems with high school were handled even if she didn't know what she wanted. The transformation of the cruelty of some and the understanding brought by others was really well handled and believable. The unlikely friendship forged may seem out there but is actually pretty real considering that you never really known someone until you have seen the ugly side and that's what happened. Almost wished there was more to it but I think it was left open foe the rest of the series. While I was glad the story was never boy centric there are some holes in the newcomer story and his connection with Syd that isnt explained and probably will at some point so it's not a deal breaker. Overall, the story was a great magic packed ride that keeps you hooked for the ride. The only thing that was a little overdone was the need to keep Syd uninformed even after she semi accepted the need to do something; it was seemed incongruous with what the mother kept wanting all along but still spoke to a mother's need to protect her family.
I downloaded this book as a freebie and was a little wary of it because of the demon/witchcraft content. I am a christian and I'm not comfortable with the direction in which some authors take these subjects. Don't get me wrong, I'm no nun & certainly never claim to be! I love a good fantasy and that's exactly what this was. The story as a whole wasn't dark & demonic like I was afraid it would be.

It had good, well-built characters and the plot-line was entertaining and moved at a good pace. I have to mention that the author really won me over with her writing. She really put clear pictures of everything in my head without over doing it & being too wordy. There have been few times that I have found a book that was so well written that I found myself reading it out loud like poetry. This was one of those times. I think I enjoyed the flow and rhythm of the writing as much as the story itself!

I also very much appreciate the fact that, although this is the first in a series, I wasn't left hanging at the end. I felt perfectly content when I finished the book and even though I look forward to reading the next in the series, I don't feel that I'm being forced to in order to complete the story.
Ebook PDF Family Magic Patti Larsen Books

0 Response to "[IQM]∎ [PDF] Free Family Magic Patti Larsen Books"

Post a Comment