Positive A Novel David Wellington 9780062315373 Books

Positive A Novel David Wellington 9780062315373 Books
Wellington does a very good job with building a believable world 20 years after a "crisis". His depiction of the splintered quality of the remaining population and the 'Positives' concept were well drawn and interesting. My only beef (and it's a big one) is the protagonist, Finn. Rather than rooting for his survival, I wondered why the other characters didn't smother him in his sleep. I found him to be insecure, vain, idealistic to the point of absurdity, cowardly and above all, too young. It beggars belief that a crowd of adults would accept him as leader and follow a 20 year-old with the aforementioned personality. Other than that tiny nit, I enjoyed the story.
Tags : Positive: A Novel [David Wellington] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. In the bestselling vein of Guillermo Del Toro and Justin Cronin, the acclaimed author of <em>Chimera</em> and <em>The Hydra Protocol</em> delivers his spectacular breakout novel—an entertaining page-turning zombie epic that is sure to become a classic. <em>Anyone can be positive . . . </em> The tattooed plus sign on Finnegan's hand marks him as a Positive. At any time,David Wellington,Positive: A Novel,Harper Voyager,0062315374,Horror,FICTION Horror.,FICTION Thrillers,FICTION Thrillers.,Horror fiction,Horror fiction.,Zombies,AMERICAN HORROR FICTION,FICTION General,FICTION Horror,FICTION Thrillers General,Fiction,Fiction - Horror,Fiction-Horror,FictionLiterary,FictionThrillers - General,GENERAL,General Adult,Horror & ghost stories,Horror - General,Literary,Thrillers - General,United States
Positive A Novel David Wellington 9780062315373 Books Reviews
An excellent story by Mr. Wellington. I would have given it 5 stars if the language of the first person scenes by Finn hadn't been as well as the older folks that lived before the chaos, he wouldn't have known those words. 'Conflagration' just as an example. The ending was solid and one that made me smile. I recommend this one, great read.
The zombies get fairly short shrift in this story. They are like the opening act for the real headliner, power hungry people who are all too alive. We get Finn, who is marked as a possible future zombie, and his cast of other marked friends , who against all odds, fight both zombies and people to attain a better life.
I did enjoy the book, and would tell you to give it a shot.
I throughly enjoyed this story,Though it is a Zombie story it is not your classic zombie tale,it is to me about the power of someones conviction to not accept the world as it is,but to make it a better place.Like all end of the world stories the back ground story i.e zombies,floods,earthquakes,etc are not the main point.It is always about people and how they react and what sort of person you are when there is no laws and no moral constraints.And this story captures all these points well,all in all it is a good read and worth buying.
It is very hard to find a well written, well developed zombie story (or any story for that matter). Typically, in the zombie horror genre there are only several plots that are brought out and used, and used and used...
Positive is a refreshingly different story. It follows Finn, a "positive" in his quest to find a place in the world and start reclaiming a life. Finn is an interesting character. There were times I wanted to hit him over the head, but other times I cheered him on. The story is well-paced and interesting. The focus isn't on blood and guts but on how we survive and continue to hope.
Excellent read, which I highly recommend for those who like their zombie tales with a bit of brains and heart.
This is not a typical zombie story. It takes place twenty years after the zombie apocalypse. There are areas that are mostly safe for people (New York City, where Finn, the main character lives) and areas that have been abandoned and left to the zombies. Survivors from the outbreak twenty years ago have PTSD, while the younger characters don't know what it was really like and are more adventurous.
Finn is nineteen and has been exposed to the virus. He isn't allowed to stay in New York any longer. He gets a tattoo indicating he is positive and is supposed to get shipped off to a medical community in Ohio. Unfortunately, some looters kill his ride and he is left to his own devices to get to Ohio. He has never been on his own before and has no idea what is out there. Needless to say, it isn't good, and zombies are the least of his problems.
We then see Finn interacting with a variety of people on his journey. He meets up with looters, Red Kate and Adare, and spends time in looter camps. He fights off zombies and bad people (road pirates) while out looting with Adare and his girls. He just wants to get to Ohio.
Ohio turns out to be more like a prison camp than a medical camp. He has to work for food. He sleeps in the mud. He gets beat up. Finally, he has enough and convinces enough people to escape. They make it out, but have no idea where they are going, but, on the road, he becomes a leader. They come across an abandoned town and he makes the decision for them to stop and make it their home.
They have a lot of problems, including a religious cult that is trying to take over the country. Red Kate is part of that cult. She wants him dead. There are a bunch of battles between the town and the cult. Meanwhile, the remains of the US army are fighting the rest of the cult across the country.
I enjoyed this book. I liked hearing the psychological aspects of being alive twenty years after the end of the world. It was interesting to see how society had segregated itself. It was good to read a zombie book that wasn't all about zombies. Finn's journey from scared teenager to leader of the town progressed nicely.
I didn't like Red Kate. She seemed like a comic book character. I didn't like the conditions at the "medical camp". With so few humans left, wouldn't they be more taken care of instead of being virtual slaves? There are bad people in the book and good people, pretty much the way life is now, but not many of these people are fleshed out or developed as characters in the book.
I did like the book because it showed the zombie apocalypse from a unique viewpoint. It needed more characters for the reader to get to know and care about.
I REALLY enjoyed this zombie post-apocalyptic tale. I had just got done reading a few sub par books and I was so glad I decided to read this story - and broke the cycle.
It is 20 years since the zombie apocalypse hit and the protagonist of the story, Finnegan (Finn) is 18 years old and has lived his entire life in Manhattan, New York.
Most of the world's population is either dead or turned to zombies. Those are huge problems but one BIG problem on top of those is it can take up to 20 years for the zombie virus to manifest itself. It can hide dormant in a person and then just appear. So people who have been exposed to the virus have a plus sign tattooed on their hand to show this exposure - and the countdown starts to see if they'll turn.
Finn finds out he's been exposed and leaves Manhattan to head towards Ohio where a medical refugee camp is located for the POSITIVES.
And the story unreels from there. I loved the character development - I could vividly imagine each one of the many characters. And author Wellington did a superior job with world building.
This was a fun, exciting story to read and I highly recommend it to readers of post-apocalyptic fiction, zombie stories, or just a well-written thriller.
Wellington does a very good job with building a believable world 20 years after a "crisis". His depiction of the splintered quality of the remaining population and the 'Positives' concept were well drawn and interesting. My only beef (and it's a big one) is the protagonist, Finn. Rather than rooting for his survival, I wondered why the other characters didn't smother him in his sleep. I found him to be insecure, vain, idealistic to the point of absurdity, cowardly and above all, too young. It beggars belief that a crowd of adults would accept him as leader and follow a 20 year-old with the aforementioned personality. Other than that tiny nit, I enjoyed the story.

0 Response to "[JB6]∎ Descargar Positive A Novel David Wellington 9780062315373 Books"
Post a Comment