site hit counter

[XTH]⋙ [PDF] A Distant Trumpet Nonpareil Books Paul Horgan 9780879238636 Books

A Distant Trumpet Nonpareil Books Paul Horgan 9780879238636 Books



Download As PDF : A Distant Trumpet Nonpareil Books Paul Horgan 9780879238636 Books

Download PDF A Distant Trumpet Nonpareil Books Paul Horgan 9780879238636 Books


A Distant Trumpet Nonpareil Books Paul Horgan 9780879238636 Books

A decent historical novel about the Indian Wars in the the Southwest US. Those who have seen the movie (horrible) and think they will read about what they saw will be is disappointed, however. The book is not about wars or battles, although there are a few to hold your interest, but about individual personalities and how they interact.

There is a long chapter about each of the individuals, showing how and why they got to where they ended up in Fort Destiny, which takes up the first third of the book. Once they come together at the Fort, the interaction begins and sometimes fatally ends.

The writing style is also odd and sometimes difficult to follow as the author wrote in what he thought was a 19th century style. I did find it enjoyable reading conversations and having to decipher what the author was really saying.

My favorite aspect of the book was the historical detail relating to indians customs, tradition, thought, and speech. This alone was worth the time it took to read the book.

Read A Distant Trumpet Nonpareil Books Paul Horgan 9780879238636 Books

Tags : A Distant Trumpet (Nonpareil Books) [Paul Horgan] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. Originally published in 1960 selling half a million copies at the time and first reissued as a Nonpareil paperback in 1991,Paul Horgan,A Distant Trumpet (Nonpareil Books),David R Godine,0879238631,5602575,Westerns,Apache Indians;Wars;Fiction.,Historical fiction.,Western stories.,Literature & Fiction,AMERICAN HISTORICAL FICTION,Apache Indians,FICTION Westerns,Fiction,Fiction - Western,Fiction-Westerns,General Adult,Historical fiction,TEXT,United States,Wars,Western,Western stories,Westerns - General

A Distant Trumpet Nonpareil Books Paul Horgan 9780879238636 Books Reviews


I read this book when I was 17 then again at 65. I was about to read it a third time, then I bought the dvd. By the time I saw the dvd. It was so bad that a threw the book away at age 79. The dvd was so bad it ruined the book. The book was a good read, but the dvd screwed it up.
I enjoyed reading this book from the beginning to the end. I already knew the film based on it but as the film goes very differently, reading the book revealed an almost totally different story to me.
I loved it.
Slow at the begining but that did not deter me from finishing the book.
Great book. Very educational as well as captivating.
I bought this book for my brother and he didn't want it to end and apparently there are over 600 pages. A great author and story and I am looking forward to reading this great read! A highly suggested book to read if you like the civil war era.
Horgan's "A Distant Trumpet" follows a young man's rise in the military during the Indian wars of the 19th Century. This classic novel brings alive the post-Civil War American west in colorful detail. The author treats both the solders and the natives even-handedly. There is plenty of action and character development all based on extensive and careful research, one of Paul Horgan's hallmarks.
A decent historical novel about the Indian Wars in the the Southwest US. Those who have seen the movie (horrible) and think they will read about what they saw will be is disappointed, however. The book is not about wars or battles, although there are a few to hold your interest, but about individual personalities and how they interact.

There is a long chapter about each of the individuals, showing how and why they got to where they ended up in Fort Destiny, which takes up the first third of the book. Once they come together at the Fort, the interaction begins and sometimes fatally ends.

The writing style is also odd and sometimes difficult to follow as the author wrote in what he thought was a 19th century style. I did find it enjoyable reading conversations and having to decipher what the author was really saying.

My favorite aspect of the book was the historical detail relating to indians customs, tradition, thought, and speech. This alone was worth the time it took to read the book.
Ebook PDF A Distant Trumpet Nonpareil Books Paul Horgan 9780879238636 Books

0 Response to "[XTH]⋙ [PDF] A Distant Trumpet Nonpareil Books Paul Horgan 9780879238636 Books"

Post a Comment